What did the Imams (as) say about the Zaydiyyah?

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
Allahumma Salli 'ala Muhammad wa aali Muhammad
Rab'i al-Thani 17 1439


Rijal al-Kashi, Pages 199-200

[99] About the Zaydiyyah

[409] 1. Hamdawiya said: Narrated to us from Ya'qub bin Yazid, who said: Narrated to us from Muhammad bin Umar, from Muhammad bin 'Adhafir, from Umar bin Yazid who said:
"I asked Aba Abdillah (as) on giving charity (sadaqa) to the one who hates Ahlulbayt ((as) the Nasib) and to the Zaydiyyah, and he said "Do not give anything to them in charity (sadaqa), and do not give water to them to drink if you are capable." And he said to me, "The Zaydiyyah are Nasab (Nawasib)."


[410] 2. Muhammad bin Hassan said: Narrated to me from Abu Ali al-Farsi who said: Mansur related from as-Sadiq Ali bin Muhammad ar-Ridha (as) who said: "Indeed the Zaydiyyah and Waqifiyyah and Nasab are equal."

[411] 3. Abi Umayr, from his hadith says: "I asked Muhammad bin Ali ar-Ridha (as) about this verse "(2) وُجُوهٌ يَوْمَئِذٍ خَاشِعَةٌ (1) عَامِلَةٌ نَاصِبَةٌ On that day (many) faces will be downcast (1)
 Toiling, weary (2)," (Surah Ghashiya 2-3), so he said: "It was revealed about the Nasab and the Zaydiyyah, and the Waqifiyyah are from the Nasab." 

[412] 4. Hamdawiya said: Narrated to us from Ayyub bin Nuh who said: Narrated to us from Safwan, from Dawud bin Farqid, from Abi Abdillah (as): "There is not one I call ignorant from them - meaning the "'Ajaliyyah" - Indeed in the deferring ones are juveniles and knowledge, and in the Khawarij are juveniles and knowledge, and there is not one I call ignorant from them.

( These hadith can also be found in Wasa'il as-Shia, Tahdhib al-Ahkam and Bihar al-Anwar )






Other mentions of the Zaydiyyah:



. وعن علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن ابن أبي عمير، عن الحكم بن مسكين عن عبد الملك بن عمرو قال: قال لي أبو عبد الله عليه السلام: يا عبد الملك مالي لا أراك تخرج إلى هذه المواضع التي يخرج إليها أهل بلادك؟ قال: قلت: وأين؟ قال: جدة وعبادان والمصيصة وقزوين، فقلت: انتظارا لامركم والاقتداء بكم، فقال: إي والله لو كان خيرا ما سبقونا إليه، قال: قلت: له: فان الزيدية يقولون ليس بيننا وبين جعفر خلاف إلا أنه لا يرى الجهاد، فقال: أنا لا أراه؟! بلى والله إني لأراه ولكني أكره أن أدع علمي على جهلهم  ورواه الشيخ بإسناده عن محمد بن يعقوب وكذا الذي قبله.

And from Ali ibn Ibrahim from his father from Ibn 'Umayr from Al-Hakm ibn Miskeen from Abdul Malik Ibn 'Umar who said Abu Abdillah (عليه السلام) told me: "Oh Abdul Malik I do not see you going out [meaning rebellion] with the people of your land ?" I said " And where?" He said: "Jeddah, Abadan, al-Masisah and Qazwin" So I said "I follow your command and I follow you" So he said "Yes by Allah if it was better than what preceded us" He said: I said to him "For the zaydiyyah say there is not between us and ja'far a difference expect he does not see jihaad." So he said "I do not see it? Rather by Allah I see it but I dislike it, I hate to let go of my knowledge for their ignorance." And it was narrated by Ash-Shaykh by his isnad from Muhammad ibn Ya'qub and other than before him.

Source: Kitab al-Kafi, Volume 5, Page 19






(To be continued inshaAllah)

No comments:

Post a Comment